So, it looks like we are well on our way into the holiday season. It is pretty hard to believe that December 2007 is here--it seems like just yesterday that Stacey and I were setting up our first Christmas tree in our basement apartment at Eleanor's.
It was during that event that I understood exactly why my father usually just "observed" the rest of us placing ornaments on the tree. After wrestling with the tree, putting all the lights on it, and all of that you don't really want to do anything with the stinking tree. Unfortunately, the tree also wears me out--but I've tried really hard to be engaged in the tree decorating with the kids (and Stacey).
Yesterday, we finished hanging all the ornaments on the trees and getting things "just so." The kids were elated with their own Disney tree and certainly loved helping with the "adult" tree. So, now the stockings have been hung by the chimney with care. The kids are compiling their lists--which are very fluid indeed. Maren told me this weekend that one of the things she wants is "something to clean with." I have no idea where she got that idea, but it was th first I had heard of it. I am sure it will change again--probably before she goes to sleep tonight. Limiting the amount of TV time during this season is a good thing we've discovered.
So Much Joy
1 week ago
1 comment:
haha! I love that you called her Eleanor....
Post a Comment