I finally convinced Stacey to join me on a business trip. Although, I can't really fault her; I suppose Chicago is much more fun than the bustling metropolises of Bismark or Boise. We went a couple of days early and had some fun in the Windy City. Here are a few of the things we did (or Stacey did while I was working).
- The Field Museum, we saw Sue--the most complete T-Rex ever discovered as well as some cool Pacific Northwest Indian totems.
- The Lego Store on Michigan Avenue--Full-sized Lego Vader/Darth Lego and R2D2
- The Hancock Tower
- Lake Michigan and Navy Pier
- Walking around the Inner Loop to see the Chicago Theater, Berghoff's (German restaurant where JoAnn liked the Wienerschnitzel much better than the Sushi I made her gag down the night before--ah, the LeeMaster adventuresome palate)
- The Chicago Art Institute (Van Gogh, Seurat, Wood, O'Keefe)
- Museum of Science and Industry
- Downtown (Chicago River, Wrigley Building, big chrome bull moose sculpture)
- Oak Brook--Frank Lloyd Wright house and studio and houses
3 comments:
What a fun trip! I wish I could have joined you, Stace, and I'm glad Mom could go. And that was probably Jer's most fun layover since his Portland days!
I'm sorry I missed it! Look like you had a great time, but I'm glad your mom ended up going. Did you not walk the Magnificent Mile? I know the shopper you are...tell me you went!! I love Chicago - it's my favorite big city we've visited. When we went it was fall, and the Navy Pier was decorated darling for Halloween, and they renamed it "Navy Fear" - cute huh? I'll call ya next week, I want to hear all about it!
What a great trip!! Love Chicago!
Post a Comment