Thursday, August 20, 2009

First day of School!!




So you would think with school in session I would have all the time in the world to blog and get caught up. I have been too lonely to blog. Seriously, my house is so quiet. I can hardly stand my lonely self. I miss the kids! I know some of you think I am crazy, but I have only been a mom for 8 years and I already have an empty nest. My mom was a mom for 25 years before her last one went to school! That is a long time.

Maren cried for me when she figured out I was going to be all alone. She thought that was so sad to be home with no kids. How right she is.

Sam came home the other day and said, "Mom, I love you more than legos!" ( wow, how do I rank? that son of mine lives, breathes, and eats legos. He will be the first to tell you how many he has and which one is his favorite.)

This too shall pass, and one day I will enjoy the solitude.

Here are some pictures of the first day of school.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am terrified of Adalyn going off to school. What a hard thing to deal with! But hey, if you get too lonely, I'll lend you my kids for a while... :0)

Tiffany said...

If it's any consolation your kids looked really cute for their first day.... :)

and if you get too lonely and bored you can fly to Utah and hold my babies while I pack. then you will be happy to head back to your peaceful house!!

Kristen said...

Join the PTA babe!