Monday, May 24, 2010

Severe Pain + fever + a bit of vomit= APPENDICITIS!


Tyler had his appendix taken out early Sunday morning. He was not feeling well on Saturday so I took him to the ER. At 1:20 am Sunday morning they rolled him into the OR for surgery. He was done by 1:50 am. Very quick. I had just fallen asleep and the surgeon came to tell me he was done. I brought him home Sunday evening, and he is doing very well. We both slept for 11 hours Sunday night. It was nice to sleep that long after being up most of the night on Saturday. I think he will take the week off of work, and church and he should be good as new.

5 comments:

Leslie T said...

poor tyler! all our best wishes for a speedy recovery!

TS said...

FYI--I usually have a six-pack, but with the CO2 they injected it left me kind of bloaty--although that does make for some great belly noises.

The Moyers said...

Whoa, three scars...yuck! Tyler, I'm sure you always have a ripped six-pack, too bad they filled you up so they could get it out, it sure ruined the picture!

kellie said...

So, sorry to hear about your appendix, Tyler!! Hope you feel better soon. That is crazy.

Piper said...

Are you kidding me - see what happens when you're out of the loop? You miss out on news like this. Glad everything went ok and hope the recovery is smooth!!